In the globalized world, media companies are facing huge challenges, among others:
- Traditional media are challenged by new media: blogs, free given newspapers, Internet, etc.…
- Reliability of information sources has become a matter of major concern (concentration, competition with professionals and non-professionals media, cost of the controls, etc.)
- Media credibility is dwindling and public trust in the media industry is questioned
- Time is ever shorter and short term is dominating (time pressure)
- Important technological changes (digitization) imply huge investments and quick response
- Staff turn over
To address those challenges, media companies should ensure customer loyalty, financial basement, efficiency of their internal processes, etc. This implies a global strategy, that takes into account and optimizes both management and production activities.